Friday, June 6, 2014

June 3-13


Sadly, next week is our last full week together. Soon your child will
complete the second grade and will be moving on to the third grade. I
know that they will all do extremely well in the future. Every student
in this class is special and has many talents.

Today I have informed your child that I will not be returning to HIS
next year and that I will be moving the family to teach at Shanghai
American School. I will miss seeing them at school next year. I will
keep my email address if you wish to contact me regarding anything.
jamesanderson.his@gmail.com.


I hope I have instilled a love and passion for learning and the courage 
to take risks in each of my students. I have learned so much from you 
that I  will take on with me as I continue my journey as an educator and 
as a student.

____________________________________________________

In Math this week we have been learning about Multiplication. Next
week we will take a quiz on this and start our last Math topic,
Division Concepts.

For Reading this week we read a story titled, Moses Goes to a Concert.
We also learned a bit of sign language. Next week we will read the
story called, The School Mural.

In English this week we completed Unit 9 and took a quiz.

For Social Studies this week we continued with Unit 6, People in the
Marketplace. Next week will have a quiz on the concepts we learned.

In Science next week we will take a look at magnets and how they work.

Next week I will slowly start sending materials home with your child.
This way they will be able to carry everything over a few days.

Congratulations to Kaylee Breinholt for being the Student of the Week!
Kaylee has been very good at solving problems and works well with all
of her classmates. Keep it up!




Dates to remember
Monday Spelling Quiz (sunnier, cities, heaviest, prettiest, studied,
families, earlier, hobbies, emptied, worried) Bonus Words (multiply,
times, product, horizontal, vertical),
Monday Music Scavenger Hunt 1:10 - 3:00,
Tuesday Math Topic 19 quiz,
Thursday Social Studies quiz on Unit 6,


June 11 Last day of clubs

June 15 Father’s Day

June 16 Second grade water day 1:30-3:00 (bring - bathing suit, towel,
water toys for spraying water), Reports go Home

June 17 School Assembly

June 18 Class party - End of School Year and Celebrate Summer Birthdays, 
can bring snacks in to share. Last day of school (half day)



No comments:

Post a Comment