Wednesday, September 1, 2010

News, Notes, and our first Test

Dear Parents,


The school year is off to a fast start and the students are getting settled in with class structure and procedure. I am finding the students highly motivated and have a hunger for learning. Today we had our first journal writing, where students were to brainstorm "small moments" from this summer and then write in detail about one of these small moments. The journals are meant for the students to write in without fear of spelling or grammar mistakes, they are more for creative ideas and flow of the students writing style. We will have spelling tests, English and writing work that will concentrate on spelling and grammar. So that being said, I will not correct the spelling and grammar in the journal books.

The First Spelling Test will be this Monday. The spelling words will be based on the Dolch second grade sight vocabulary words which are words that second graders should be able to read in a book without stopping to sound out the word. This weeks words are: always, around, because, been, before, best, both, buy, call, cold.

NT$25 cost for folder and spelling book. Could you have your child bring in NT$25 to me as soon as possible. NT$10 is for the spelling book and NT$15 is for the homework folder. Exact change is appreciated.

Thank you for getting all your child's school supplies for class. And don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.


James Anderson

4 comments:

  1. hello. Mr. Anderson. I'm Ashley's mom
    I'm glad to know about teacher and contact you by blog.

    Today, I heard about after club from Kevin P's mom.
    but Ashley didn't bring application to me.
    she told that didn't take that.
    so, I'll let you know Ashley's club.
    Ashley said that she want to join "Readers theater" and "fun & game"
    If those club is same day,
    tomorrow Please ask to Ashley again.
    thank you very much.

    sincerly yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rinni,

    The office told me today that "Readers Theater" and "fun & games" will be fine for Ashley to join.

    They are on different days so both are ok.

    Thanks,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mr. Anderson

    I am Angus's mum. Would it be possible for you to mention the spelling test in the book that kids take home everyday? It's a bit difficult for us to check your blog everyday so it will be easier if there is a test coming so we can prepare it in advance. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Angus' mom,

    Yes, I will have the students write the spelling words in their homework book every Friday to get ready for the test on Monday. (There will be a spelling test every Monday)
    For the other tests I'll have the students write the test information in their homework book as soon as I know when I'll give it. I should be able to give at least 3 days notice before any test, but if I know sooner I will have the students write it in there book sooner.


    James Anderson

    ReplyDelete